Should you apply?
To be eligible for the Foord Family Foundation grant, candidates must be:
- A qualified donee. As per the Government of Canada, “qualified donees are organizations that can issue official donation receipts for gifts they receive from individuals and corporations. Registered charities can also make gifts to them. Qualified donees are as follows:
- a registered charity (including a registered national arts service organization)
- a registered Canadian amateur athletic association
- a registered housing corporation resident in Canada constituted exclusively to provide low-cost housing for the aged
- a registered Canadian municipality
- a registered municipal or public body performing a function of government in Canada
- a registered university outside Canada that is prescribed to be a university, the student body of which ordinarily includes students from Canada
- a registered charitable organization outside Canada to which Her Majesty in right of Canada has made a gift
- Her Majesty in right of Canada, a province, or a territory
- the United Nations and its agencies”
- Community-oriented; offering services for children and youth
- Foord Family Foundation grant requires a commitment from donees. As such, charities should be prepared to commit to the following conditions upon receival of the grant:
- that the funds be used solely for the purposes outlined in each charity’s grant application;
- that the Foundation be consulted in advance about any significant changes to the project;
- that a report be submitted to the Foundation within one year of receipt of the grant funds. This final report should include a description of the project and a summary of how the funds were used.
Applicants will be responsible for grant monies and for successful completion of their project. Furthermore, they will be required to provide the organization’s most recent financial statements. Successful candidates will be contacted from the Foundation approximately 6 weeks after the grant application deadline. The Foundation reserves the right to contact applicants for further information or to request further documentation.
Grant Application Form
The grant application deadline is Friday, May 3, 2019 . Click on the button below to download a copy of the Grant Application Form. Submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, applicants must also attach a copy of the organization’s most recent financial statements.